San Francisco, California – September 21, 2020 – As paid car services are on the rise, there is finally a place where users can check the drivers for bad driving reports. Other online driving review platforms post the reporters information so that it may not be reliable due to fear of driver reprisals. FindbyPlate.com offers an anonymous platform where people can report honest reviews without fear of being exposed.
This is critical in lieu of the several felonious incidents that have been reported to the police about car service drivers. Better safe than sorry. FindbyPlate.com uses an Artificial Intelligence algorithm to conduct a smart license plate search. If a license plate is not found in the state you are searching in, it will try to locate it in other states.
Around 28 million searches have been performed as of today. It is perfectly legal to run any license plate as it is a matter of public records. But if you are trying to retrieve personally identifiable information (PII), then you should have specific DPPA (Driver’s Privacy Protection Act) reasons for it. The permissible use cases to get owner information are:
- For government agencies.
- In connection with matters of motor vehicle or driver safety and theft.
- In normal course of business to verify the accuracy of information provided by the car owner.
- In connection with any matter before a court or arbitration proceeding.
- In research activities, excluding personal information.
- For insurance purposes.
- For providing notice to owners of towed cars.
- By any licensed private investigative agency or licensed security service.
- By employers to verify commercial driver information as required by U.S. Code Title 49, subtitle VI, chapter 313.
- By private toll transportation facilities.
- For response to requests from departments of motor vehicles.
- Bulk distribution for surveys, marketing, or solicitations (requires opt-in).
- By written consent of the owner.
- For other reasons, varies by state.
An OCR Engine will soon provide an Image Search possibility on FindByPlate. Basically, you will be able to upload an image of a car with a visible license plate and it would locate the details of the vehicle. Next time you see somebody driving like a maniac, you will be able to report them without fear of your personal information being exposed.
When you do a reverse license plate number search on FindByPlate, you will access a report about the motor vehicle, government recalls, vehicle sketch and image. In many cases, if the license plate was previously reported, you will see images and videos submitted by this community, read comments and feedback, view related resources and more.
If you are unsure of the state where the license plate was issued, you can check the License Plate Designs in the USA page. The license plate records are updated daily, if you do not find the information today, try coming back later for detailed license plate records.
FindByPlate does not provide owner information but provides links to paid services who do. It is also not affiliated with any government agency.
For complete information, visit: https://findbyplate.com/